DCSAA County Schools’ Cross-Country Championships
January 15, 2022 @ 12:30 pm - 3:30 pm
County Cross-Country – Saturday 15th January 2021
- A big thank you to Barnard Castle School for hosting the event.
- Programmes and Refreshments will be available on the day to purchase.
- Please ensure that all your athletes are informed well in advance of the competition date that they are competing. Some parents complain that their child is not told until 2/3 days before the event which is unacceptable.
- Please inform athletes that if they are unable to compete on the day (injury/illness) and wish to be
Considered for the county team; then a medical note must be provided on race day and handed in at the ‘Race Office ‘.
- Team Managers should be easily identifiable to athletes, parents and organisers. Suggestion – can you please wear a bib with your Area name written on it or something similar? THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT.
- Many Areas are now meeting athletes at the venue rather than travelling together by coach. All athletes parking must be in the designated car park (Bowes Museum). Team Managers should meet their teams on the course next to the finish line (you will have a space allocated) from 12.30 pm. The Course is not open to athletes or their parents before 12.30 pm.
- Course open and registration 12.30 -13-30 Minor Boys – 13.30 Minor Girls – 13.40 Senior Boys – 13.50 Senior Girls – 13.50 Junior Girls – 14.15 Junior Boys – 14.30 Intermediate Boys – 14.45 Intermediate Boys – 15.00 Finish 3.30
- Area registration by Team Managers is at 12.45 to hand in entry forms, collect envelopes and final instructions. ‘Registration/Declarations’ will be clearly marked on the marquees. Senior athletes MUST register personally BEFORE they race and report back afterwards. The FIRST SIXTEEN in each race THE FIRST TEN FOR YEAR 7 ATHLETES must report to the ‘Registration/Declarations’ immediately after their race to get details of the Inter-County race; please stress to the athletes that if they do not do this, they may jeopardise their place on the County team.
- All results envelopes should be sent to the Sports Hall (area will be signposted) IMMEDIATELY after a race.
- There will be no presentation of trophies.
- Could you make any spectators aware that if they intend to take photographs on the day, then they must sign in at the ‘Race Office’. This will also be signposted on the day.
- ALL RUNNERS NEED TO WEAR AREA NUMBERS
- PLEASE SUPPLY YOUR OWN SAFETY PINS AND NUMBERS
- PLEASE RESPECT THE SCHOOL AND ITS ENVIRONMENT
- REMOVE DIRTY SHOES BEFORE ENTERING THE BUILDING
- DO NOT LEAVE LITTER USE THE BINS PROVIDED
- DO NOT GO INTO UNMARKED AREAS
- KEEP THE RUNNING AREA CLEAR AND BE DIRECTED BY THE MARSHALS
- DO NOT BE LATE FOR YOUR EVENT
Thank you for taking the trouble to read the above as there are some important points which will help the organisation of the event run smoother.
62 total views, 1 views today